At this point your business should be using at least one – and hopefully multiple – social networks. The Pew Research Center released a report that looked at the year in social. Here are some key findings:
– 73 percent of adults online use social media.
– 45 percent of people 65 and older who use the internet now use Facebook.
– The percentage of adults using the social networks Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram all increased from 2012 to 2013. For adults who choose to use one social platform, the most popular choice is Facebook.
– There are more women using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram – and of course Pinterest – than men. But there are more men using LinkedIn than women.
– 63 percent of Facebook users visit daily, with 40 percent of them visiting multiple times a day. Instagram users visit the app almost as frequently.
So even though Facebook recently changed its algorithm to limit the amount of brand page updates users get in their newsfeeds, it’s still the go-to network for most internet users. CGT Marketing is the Long Island marketing agency to help with your social strategy, to help increase your business exposure to more and more fans.