Understanding the behavior of website users has become easier – drill-down metrics can track every click made on your website. Here are six essential metrics to help determine if your website is successfully attracting potential customers and to understand their movements on your site:
1. Bounce Rate: Does your home page draw users deeper into your site or do they lose interest and bounce off immediately?
2. Unique Visits: How many new people visit your site on a daily, weekly or monthly basis? How many return for more information?
3. Page Views: Which of your pages is most popular and how long do people stay on that page?
4. Keywords: Which keywords and search engines are most effective in attracting users to your website?
5. Traffic Sources: How many of your visitors come from the search engines, your blog, online articles and news releases.
6. Mobile Devices: How many people view your website from any of the iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry platforms?