In 1999, The Cluetrain Manifesto documented what businesses would have to do to become successful in the new digital era.
With the Cluetrain’s 95 Theses, it’s easy to identify – 12 years later – which companies are on track and which have derailed.
Here are 10 of those 95 key points. Determine if your company is onboard:
- Markets are conversations. Are you selling or conversing to your market?
- Markets are people, not demographic or psychographic classifications.
- Communication reaches far beyond mass and traditional media.
- Markets are getting smarter and growing faster than some companies.
- People get better information from one another than from companies.
- We’re in an age of transparency with no secrets.
- What happens to markets also happens to your employees.
- Companies consist of people and need to communicate like people.
- Markets don’t listen to companies that “pitch.”
- Companies have an opportunity to directly relate to their markets.
Click on: Clue Train Manifesto to download the complete Cluetrain Manifesto or just the 95 Theses.