Twitter can be a powerful tool to drive visitors to your website. It’s a way to get short (140 character) messages out there to hundreds, if not thousands, of people. Here are some other uses of Twitter:
- Researching in real-time about a current event, trend or business.
- Promoting news for your business or organization.
- Developing relationships with reporters or other members of the media.
- Developing relationships with other people and businesses in your industry.
- Crowd sourcing a question or problem you may have.
- Connecting with your target market on a personal level.
However you decide to utilize Twitter (ideally it would be a combination of all of the above), make sure to tweet a mixture of personal and professional tweets. On any given day, say something about your industry and something fun you found around the web.
Stay tuned for more in our Twitter blog series, next up: Using Twitter for Research.