As the coronavirus pandemic continues to rage, many are turning to social media not only to conduct business but also to consume news updates and connect with friends, family and coworkers.
Let’s first look at some facts that have emerged about Marketing and COVID-19:
• One influencer agency, Obviously, analyzed 260 of its own campaigns including over 7.5 million Instagram posts and saw a 76 percent increase in daily accumulated likes on #ad posts over the last two weeks. Q1 Instagram campaign impressions also increased 22 percent over Q4.
• Facebook reported in their blog that “In many of the countries hit hardest by the virus, total messaging has increased more than 50% over the last month.”
Lately, we have seen an increase in costs from social media, but we believe this will be short-term once this election has completed and the holiday season is over.
This is what we are recommending for Digital Marketing in the COVID-19 Crisis:
1. If you don’t have a social media presence, now is a good time to start. It’s never too late to get in the game.
2. Increase your social media output if appropriate. Your prospects are spending more time on social media with fewer distractions. For example, for a number of our clients we are now posting to social 5 days/week as opposed to the originally planned 3 times – and gaining higher engagement rates.
3. If your business is B2B, focus on LinkedIn and FB (possibly followed by Instagram). They are the top social media channels for your business.
If you are a B2C business, focus on Facebook and Instagram. Either way:
a. Maximize the technology that’s available through each social channel.
b. Install each channel’s tracking code (i.e. Facebook’s pixel, LinkedIn’s insight tag).
c. Create audiences that replicate your company’s sales cycle.
4. Upload your prospect/client lists to develop an additional way to communicate.
5. Email your clients and prospects on a more frequent basis, keeping them in the loop with what is going on in your business
6. Provide accurate information to your prospects about your industry and your business. They want to know.
7. Check out our COVID-19 Marketing Checklist for more ideas.
Stay safe and stay healthy. We are here to help. Give us a call…anytime.